Right now I’m sitting in front of my computer and getting rained down at the office… However, I really can’t complain after driving through the musseques (slums) on my way to work this morning. The residents of these areas definitely do not pray for rain. The conditions are so terrible. No-one should have to live like that, but the majority of people in this city do. Of course, the rain isn’t the only problem, but the lagoons and mud that appear after a heavy rain make the poorest houses look even more miserable. I got a lift with a driver from the organization I’m working for. We passed two little sisters, one around five and the other one maybe eight, dressed in nice clean clothes, standing in front of a huge water pond with a confused look on their faces. It’s heart-breaking. Some days I worry that I’ve stopped noticing such things and become indifferent to human distress, but other days, like today, I just get really mad that things are the way they are. I really don’t think they have to be this way. Something is not right in this world! Wow, I’m being a real drama-queen today…
We are going to Mozambique next week to visit Petur’s mom. I really need the break. Although Maputo (the capital of Mozambique) probably has its fair share of suffering, I think it must be a bit more relaxed than Luanda. At least the traffic can’t be half as bad… Anyway, I could just stay inside the whole time and let my mother-in-law spoil me. Actually, that doesn’t sound too bad ;-).
Até logo!
D
We are going to Mozambique next week to visit Petur’s mom. I really need the break. Although Maputo (the capital of Mozambique) probably has its fair share of suffering, I think it must be a bit more relaxed than Luanda. At least the traffic can’t be half as bad… Anyway, I could just stay inside the whole time and let my mother-in-law spoil me. Actually, that doesn’t sound too bad ;-).
Até logo!
D

1 Comments:
Vonandi höfðuð þið það gott hjá Margréti :)
Eruð þið eitthvað búin að spá hvenær þið komið "heim" til Íslands? Hvenær þurfið þið svo að vera komin til Montréal?
Kv.
H (+A)
Skrifa ummæli
<< Home