miðvikudagur, september 23, 2009

We went to Paradise this weekend. It’s on an island just outside the city. We took a small boat which took about 10 minutes to the more isolated part of the island which is over 40km long and very narrow. Then we walked over to the other part of the island where there’s only sea, sand and a few palm trees and spent the whole day there, perfect! We forgot the camera this time, but I hope I'll get around to posting some pictures at some point.

We so deserved this because we got into trouble the day before when we were on our way to another beach south of the city. A German guy we met at the office was with us and he didn’t have his passport on him. Of course the police stopped us and asked for IDs and we were afraid we were in really deep shit, but all worked out in the end after a lot of stress. We only stayed at the beach two or three hours that day.

I drove the whole weekend because I have an international driver’s license and Petur doesn’t, so I’ll have to drive until we get the Angolan licenses. It is extremely tiring to spend hours stuck in a traffic jam and I think we’ll have to find a way to spend as little time in the traffic as possible unless we’re going to the beach of course, then it’s definitely worth it ;-).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nafnlaus said...

Hljómar vel, ferðin til Paradísar altså....vona að löggan láti ykkur í friði í framtíðinni!
Knús, Gunnþóra

4:22 e.h.  

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com