föstudagur, september 18, 2009

I can’t believe it’s been almost four weeks since I last blogged, time flies when you’re having fun. I regularly get paranoia when I write things on the internet, especially in English. Sometimes it’s comforting to be able to write in a language that less than 300.000 people can read.

We’ve been enjoying our new car. I’m always talking about how much I love being able to live without a car in Montreal, but here it’s almost impossible. The traffic is scary, sometimes cars suddenly appear driving in the opposite direction or taking u-turns on the highway, but we try to be careful. This weekend we plan to go to a beach were a big river runs into the ocean about one hour drive from the city.

We’ve been visiting grassroots development projects in different parts of the city which were initiated by DW (the NGO I’m working with) and other international NGOs. The projects focus on empowering local development organizations and improving their relations with the local and national government by creating forums where these two groups can discuss local problems and how to solve them.

I’ll try to write more next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nafnlaus said...

Viljiði gjöra svo vel að fara varlega í umferðinni, er kannski bara málið að keyra jafn brjálæðislega og allir hinir...?! Úff, vona ekki! Góða skemmtun!

5:36 e.h.  

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com