þriðjudagur, janúar 05, 2010

Long time no write… We had very happy and badly needed holidays after a lot of hassle during the month of December that I really don’t want to go into here. We spent Christmas in the City Centre and New Year’s on one of the beautiful beaches south of the city. I was surprised that I didn’t get homesick at all. I guess the cold and dark, but wonderful Icelandic Christmas seems so far away in this environment. When I’m in Montreal I always start getting homesick in October when it starts to get cold and dark there.

Just before Christmas we went to a wedding in Benguela with our friend and her family. Benguela is almost as beautiful and organized as Huambo, but has the advantage of being by the ocean and close to some great beaches. We drove the 8-9 hour drive down there and got to see some more of this beautiful country that not many tourists have had the opportunity to explore. The wedding was as extravagant as any celebrations we have attended here and the party practically went on for the five days we spent there ;-).

It is an effort to get back to everyday life, especially the traffic which will only get worse in the next few weeks during the African Nations’ Football Cup. We were really exited when we found out that we would be here during the cup, but after getting to know the traffic here we just want to get away. I don’t think we’ll attempt to see any of the matches on the field, just watch them on TV with friends. However, we can definitely start looking forward to going to Mozambique at the end of the month where we’re going to stay with Petur’s mom who will be working there for a few months.

Now, I have to keep on working, didn’t really get as much done as I wanted to in December. Will write more soon, D.

0 Comments:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com