One of our friends here, a five-year-old girl with an attitude, was immediately very impressed with our names: “Dora like Dora the explorer and Peter like Peter Pan!” And then when Petur was trying to explain to her where we come from (Islandia in Portuguese), she got even more excited: “What? Disneylandia?!” I’m wondering if we’ve started to look like cartoon characters.
Actually, we probably did look like cartoon characters about two days ago because we both got burnt and Petur is still a bit pinkish in the face. I just got a few more wrinkles, I hope people won’t start thinking that I’m his grandmother... We were sitting in the shade of a tree talking to one of Petur’s childhood friends who’s a farmer, but somehow the sun must have been able to get to us. We almost got sick from it, but we’re better now.
Last weekend we went camping on a beautiful beach; relaxed, barbequed and swam in the Atlantic Ocean. On the Saturday we went to a popular surfer beach and now we’re both really eager to try surfing, although I think I might be too old and not in a good enough shape for it.
On the Sunday we went fishing with a fisherman from the beach. Petur caught two Spanish mackerels and almost caught three makoas (Jack Crevelle), which apparently are very impressive (can become more than 25 kilos) and managed to steal one lure and destroy one brand new Rapala lure (fishing details courtesy of Petur Waldorff fishing nerd). Now, all Petur can think about is going back there and getting those bastards! I’m not sure I’ll join him next time as I barely managed to take pictures in between vomits.
Actually, we probably did look like cartoon characters about two days ago because we both got burnt and Petur is still a bit pinkish in the face. I just got a few more wrinkles, I hope people won’t start thinking that I’m his grandmother... We were sitting in the shade of a tree talking to one of Petur’s childhood friends who’s a farmer, but somehow the sun must have been able to get to us. We almost got sick from it, but we’re better now.
Last weekend we went camping on a beautiful beach; relaxed, barbequed and swam in the Atlantic Ocean. On the Saturday we went to a popular surfer beach and now we’re both really eager to try surfing, although I think I might be too old and not in a good enough shape for it.
On the Sunday we went fishing with a fisherman from the beach. Petur caught two Spanish mackerels and almost caught three makoas (Jack Crevelle), which apparently are very impressive (can become more than 25 kilos) and managed to steal one lure and destroy one brand new Rapala lure (fishing details courtesy of Petur Waldorff fishing nerd). Now, all Petur can think about is going back there and getting those bastards! I’m not sure I’ll join him next time as I barely managed to take pictures in between vomits.

0 Comments:
Skrifa ummæli
<< Home